Photography, Communication Design, Digital & Interaction Design, Illustration (Ger), Fotografie, Kommunikationsdesign, Film + Motion Design, or Game Design - which programme perfectly matches your talents? We’re delighted that you’re interested in our bachelor’s degree programmes at University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE).
You can apply a year in advance for your desired starting semester. The application deadline for the winter semester is 1 September (Non-EU: 1 September*) and for the summer semester 28 February (Non-EU: 05 February). After these deadlines there will be a waiting list procedure for available study places each semester. If you already have a valid student visa for Germany, you can apply within the official application deadline.
* Please take into consideration delays e.g. with entry visa
To be able to study at University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE), you have to fulfill the following requirements:
Proof of sufficient knowledge of English (IELTS — overall band score from 5.5). This is not needed for English native speakers!
1. Your application: To apply, you must submit the completed online application form, your résumé, a cover letter (approx. 1 to 1.5 DIN A4 pages), a copy of your passport plus your high school diploma
2. Interview: If the members of our selection committee agree that you are a promising candidate, we will call you for an entrance examination followed by an interview. After this, we will tell you straight away if you have been accepted.
3. Reservation fee (only for non-EU citizens): Once you are accepted as a student, you will be asked to pay a reservation fee of 3.000 €. The reservation fee is a one-time payment that will secure your spot and will be deducted from the total cost of the programme. You can find more information about this fee here.
4. Letter of admission: Once we have received your signed contract and the reservation fee of 3.000 € we will issue your letter of admission. This is mendatory for your visa application.
Important: In the application phase, you must have already decided on which of the degree programmes (Communications Design (English), Photography (English), Illustration, Film + Motion Design and Game Design) you would like to study. However, please note that you may change programmes at a later time if desired.
Once we have gone through your application and work examples, we can then evaluate whether you are suitable for studying at our university. If yes, we will invite you to an interview. Please make sure that we have your correct, valid telephone number and can reach you under that number. Of course we will treat all your personal information with utmost confidentiality at UE and will not pass it on to third parties.
If you are located abroad you can attend the interview via Skype.
Please bring along to the interview:
You will talk with (at least) two representatives of University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) for about 30 minutes.