CALL FOR PROPOSALS
BLURRING THE LINES
The aim of this call is to select and exhibit images that best communicate the expansion of modes of representation through photography. A change that certainly refers to the digitization and the frontiers of post-production, the contamination between different visual languages, the relationship between the availability of technology and new forms of expression.
This explosion of the medium combined with endemic proliferation of pervasive social media encourage us to react on the ethical consequences of image making. For this we seek single images that illustrate the potentiality of the medium without forgetting that photography can separate what is pointless and irrelevant from what is pertinent and poignant.
must be submitted via file sharing service by Friday, September 22nd 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
– 5 to 10 hi-res images jpg or tiff
– artist statement
– short description of the presented work(s)
– End of submissions – Friday, September 22nd 2017
– Announcement of selected photographers – Friday, October 6th 2017
– Work will be printed in Paris by PCA – Friday, October 13th 2017
– Exhibition set up on Monday, November 6th 2017
– Opening reception on Tuesday, November 7th, along with PCATalk (speakerTBC) and MOVECINEARTE Festival "Best Academic Screening"