Photography, Communication Design, Digital & Interaction Design, Illustration (Ger), Fotografie (Ger), Kommunikationsdesign (Ger), Film + Motion Design (Ger), or Game Design (Ger) - which program perfectly matches your talents? We’re delighted that you’re interested in our bachelor’s degree programs at University of Applied Sciences Europe.
You can apply a year in advance for your desired starting semester. The application deadline for the winter semester is September 1st of every year. The application deadline for the summer semester is March 1st of every year. After these deadlines there will be a waiting list procedure for available study places each semester.
To be able to study at University of Applied Sciences Europe, you have to fulfill the following requirements:
Proof of sufficient knowledge of English (B2 level). This is not needed for English native speakers!
1. Your application: To apply, you must submit the completed online application form, and copies of all required documents in English or German, i.e. high school diploma, B2 level English language certificate (not required for English native speakers), etc.
2. Application fee (only for non-EU citizens): If you meet the formal requirements to study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe our team will contact you and ask you to pay a one-time application fee of 50 €. You can find more infomation about this fee here. Once this fee is received, we will further assess your application.
3. Interview: If the members of our selection committee agree that you are a promising candidate, we will call you for an interview. After this, we will tell you straight away if you have been accepted.
4. Reservation fee (only for non-EU citizens): Once you are accpeted as a student, you will be asked to pay a reservation fee of 800 €. The reservation fee is a one-time payment that will sercure your spot and that will be deducted from the total cost of the program. You can find more infomation about this fee here.
Important: In the application phase, you must have already decided on which of the six degree programs (Communications Design (English), Photography (English), Digital & Interaction Design (English), Illustration, Film + Motion Design and Game Design) you would like to study. However, please note that you may change programs at a later time if desired.
Once we have gone through your application and work examples, we can then evaluate whether you are suitable for studying at our university. If yes, we will invite you to an interview. Please make sure that we have your correct, valid telephone number and can reach you under that number. Of course we will treat all your personal information with utmost confidentiality at University of Applied Sciences Europe and will not pass it on to third parties.
If you are located abroad you can attend the interview via Skype.
Please bring along to the interview:
1. Your résumé in a tabular format.
2. Your general high school diploma or vocational certificate as a certified photocopy and a certified translation in English or German thereof.
3. A portfolio of your own artistic or design work. This should contain about 15-20 examples (except for Game Design (B.A.), three to five concepts are sufficient). Please only include work that you genuinely believe in and stand behind. Please enclose in your portfolio a handwritten statement that the work contained within is truly your own.
4. If necessary, have with you proof of any extracurricular activities, e.g. projects that you are committed to. The quality of the concept and design will be reviewed.
You will talk with (at least) two representatives of University of Applied Sciences Europe for about 30 minutes.